Nammoora Kathe ("Tales of our city") is a heritage educational program that INTACH is delighted to bring to children in selected government and low-income schools in Bengaluru. This program is made possible through the patronage of Salesforce.org, a nonprofit social enterprise which is a separate but integral part of Salesforce, the global leader in Customer Relationship Management (CRM).
Nammoora Kathe offers these school children up-close exposure to the history of the founding, growth, and evolution of Bengaluru as a city. The program will highlight the origins of the city and help build a comprehensive understanding of its other dimensions like - city planning, natural heritage, cultural heritage and local traditions.
Objectives of the Program
- Help participants establish an emotional connection with the city of Bengaluru
- Acquaint participants with the natural and cultural heritage of the city
- Introduce participants to the historic facts, the founding story and important milestones in the growth of the city
- Equip participants with some key facts and information on the landmark monuments in the city
- Imbue participants with a sense of identity, which comes from knowing more about their city
- Instill in participants an understanding that knowing the local history is as important as knowing the larger history of the country: that appreciating local history can be a wonderful doorway to understanding the larger history of India.
List of participating schools
For the academic year 2019-2020, INTACH is partnering with the following list of schools. These are a mix of government and aided, low-income private schools. All the participating schools cater to children from economically-disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Government Urdu Middle Primary School, Farooqiya Nagar, Goripalya
- RM Education Society, Goripalya
- Sharada Shree Public School, Basavanagudi
- Crescent Public School, Basavanagudi
- Govt. Middle Primary School, Karthithimmanahalli, Mysore Road
- Fort High School, Chamrajpet
- Govt. Primary School, Mathikere
- To be decided.